Katt Williams Live Executive Producers – Mark McClafferty – Pamela Edwards McClafferty
Now Showing on Comedy Central
Pamela Edwards McClafferty Director ZoWesson Executive Producers
Pamela Edwards McClafferty
- In early 2002, a lawsuit was filed against Cincinnati’s police department, accusing the police of racial profiling. On April 7, 2001, a Cincinnati police officer shot and killed an unarmed 19 year old African American in the Over-the Rhine District.
- Timothy Thomas had 14 warrants out for his arrest; three for driving with an expired driver’s license; four for seatbelt violations; five for driving with no driver’s license and two other misdemeanors for obstruction of official business.
- The 19 year old fled from police who ultimately cornered him in an alley and said he looked like he was pulling out a gun. The unarmed teenager was shot once in the chest.
- Timothy was the fifteenth African American killed by the police since 1995, and the fourth African American killed by the police since November 2000 of which three were shot and one died of asphyxiation.
- Cincinnati’s history created a volatile atmosphere, and Timothy’s death set off three days of civil unrest.